Vegan Bean Chilli
This vegan bean chilli packs in plenty of vegetables and full of flavour. Serve it with rice or spaghetti or in jacket potatoes for a filling hearty meal.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Red Peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger, crushed and grinded
- 2 400g X Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 400g X Black Beans, drained
- 1 400g X Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 400g Vegan Meat Free Mince
- 1-2 tsp Chilli powder or fresh green chilies Depending on how hot you like it
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Ground Black Pepper
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, and add in the olive oil, chopped onions, cumin seeds, garlic and chopped fresh green chilies (if using). Fry the onions until its a golden brown colour for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onions and garlic are cooked, add in your ginger paste and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the red peppers and carrots, then cover for a few minutes until it softens in the pan.
- Next add your vegan meat free mince, and a little more oil to the pan and cook for 8-10 mins until it becomes a nice golden colour.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and the remaining dried spices and tomato puree. Give everything a good mix and cook for about a minute.
- Tip in the beans and cook for another 10 mins.
- Season to taste then serve with either rice, spaghetti or even baked potatoes. Make ahead and freeze for up to 3 months.