Sweetcorn Fritters is an easy, delicious Indian teatime snack recipe which is made with chickpeas flour, sweet corn and some spices.
These sweetcorn fritters are a lightly spiced, delicious and easy meal or snack that the whole family will love. A great hidden vegetable recipe for picky eaters. The recipe of sweetcorn fritters is very similar to any other pakora or fritters recipe. it follows the same process of mashing out corn and onions, later mixed with gram flour, spiced with dry spice powders. lastly, deep fried in small portions until crisp.
- 200 grams Sweetcorn Fresh or Frozen
- 120 grams Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour) Sifted
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder/Fresh Green Chillies Adjust according to taste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Salt Adjust according to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- Cooking Oil For Frying
- 160 ml Water Adjust for consistency in batter
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take your boiled sweetcorn and thinly sliced onion.
- Squeeze and mix well making sure the sweetcorn is mashed well. Alternatively, pulse in a food processer.
- Sift the gram flour into a mixing bowl with the baking powder and add in the salt and spices.
- Add the sweetcorn and onions and the freshly chopped Coriander.
- Whisk in 160ml cold water gradually until you have a thick batter. Add more gram flour if required.
- Make rough small balls of the mixture and deep fry in hot cooking oil.
- Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame.
- Fry till the fritters turns crispy and golden, should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, serve crispy corn fritters with chutney or yoghurt dip or as a side for an Indian meal.