This tasty Green Bean and Potato Curry recipe is easy to make and requires just two main ingredients with some spices. Less than 30 minutes to cook and a quick recipe! This dish is also vegan and gluten free, perfect for a vegetable side dish.
Its often a misconception that Indian cooking involves a lot of spices, a lot of preparation, and a lot of time. Yes, there are some recipes that take patience and perseverance. But there are some really simple recipes that you can make quickly and in no time, like this delicious Green Bean and Potato curry! It can be prepared in under 30 minutes, and serves well with either Chappati or Rice.
Not only are green beans a nice, crunchy, low-calorie food but also they provide many key nutrients. Young, tender green beans are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin K and silicon (needed for healthy bones, skin, and hair).
Green Bean & Potato Curry
- 400 Grams Fine Green Beans Cut into 1cm long pieces
- 2 Large White Potatoes Diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic Chopped or as paste
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil (of choice) As needed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder/Fresh Green Chillies Adjust as desired
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste Adjust as desired
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Adjust as desired
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as desired
- 1/2 Cup Water Adjust as desired
- Coriander Leaves Finely Cut
- Heat the cooking oil of choice in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and sauté for a minute. When they start popping lower the heat.
- Next add the tomato paste, ginger garlic paste. salt and spices. Stir well and sauté for a minute.
- Next add the diced potatoes, fine green beans and 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook on low medium heat for 15 minutes until the potatoes and green beans are cooked and tender.
- Remove the pan from the flame and leave aside for a few minutes. Prior to serving, sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve hot.